Monday, August 10, 2009

Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide

Hmm. I just recently got this a week ago or so after returning the Chi 44 Iron Guard (I have A LOT to say about that stuff), and this is my new favorite product ever. This is actually all I use in my hair now. It does the job of all my Chi styling products in one! Loveit.

Okay so before I got this I used to use the Chi Keratin Mist as a leave-in, let my hair air dry, and then use the silk infusion and the iron guard. But this stuff makes my hair feel stronger (like the keratin mist), smoother (like silk infusion), and protects against heat (iron guard). Omg. Why hasn't anyone introduced me to this before?! And my one friend tried to convince me to get some other heat protector instead of this, glad I don't take her advice!

I payed $16 dollars for this and it's 5 ounces, which is a much better deal than the Chi silk infusion. So all in all it was a good deal. Of course there are less expensive products out there, but you only use a tiny amount in your hair, so it'll last forever. I use 2 pumps in my hair if I'm air drying, then I flat iron. If I blow dry, I use 2 pumps, blow dry, and then 1 more pump and then flat iron. So it's a pretty easy process :)

It doesn't really have a smell to it, it just smells like "fresh". This is actually very good for me, because I enjoy my bed head shampoos and conditioners and don't want anything I use in my hair to cover up those scents.

I think the packaging of most redken products are really cute. Don't ask me why lol. I just like the colors and the shapes. The only complaint I have about this product is the cap. This might just be a defect with mine, but whenever I try to close the cap, it just pops back up. Not a problem, just a nuisance if I'm ever traveling with this.

So I know that I recommended the Chi silk infusion, but honestly I recommend this MORE than the silk infusion. I don't even use that stuff anymore, because I don't need it! :)

Oh! For anyone who doesn't like Salon products or their price, I am going to be doing a review on a Pantene deep conditioner that my friend recommended to me. So keep an eye out for that review, until next time!

<3

2 comments: