Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bed Head Brunette Goddess

Hello everyone! Tonight I have a review on the Bed Head Brunette Goddess shampoo and conditioner. Let me start by saying that I do recommend this product, it's very nice. I've decided that I want my reviews to be a little more organized, so I am going to do all of my reviews like this :
  1. Smell
  2. Consistency
  3. Packaging
  4. How it makes my hair feel
  5. Price
  6. Recommend, yes or no.
Okay so the smell of this product is AMAZING. It's an almond-ey scent and it reminds me of a caramel cappuccino. I love it! The only problem with the smell that I've had is that it doesn't mix well with the scents of styling products. If you use a lot of products (hair spray/mousse/gels/etc.) then it will make your hair smell very chemical, which is very unattractive.

The consistency of the shampoo is very gooey. It doesn't lather too well, but that can have its benefits. Too much lathering can make the shampoo too harsh, so this shampoo is very gentle on your hair. The conditioner is very very thick. It doesn't really mix too well into your hair but it is amazing. When I use these, my hair feels so soft and hydrated. They also seem to make my hair feel a little bit stronger, but that might just be my imagination.

The packaging of these aren't different than the other bed head shampoo and conditioners. I have the 25.36 oz. bottles so they aren't exactly like the picture. I haven't had any problems yet. Something odd that I've noticed though, these are the only shampoo and conditioners that I've found that do not have directions. Not that I need them, it just seems odd to me. The other bed head ones do, but this one doesn't.

The shampoo makes my hair feel very clean, but hydrated as well. I can actually skip the conditioner if I need to, which is very nice. The conditioner gives my hair even more moisture and shine. I haven't had any problems with these drying my hair out or making my hair weighed down.

The price of these normally are around $20-$25 a bottle, depending where you buy them. Like I mentioned, I got mine from Ulta for $9.99 a bottle during a sale, but the sale is over sadly. But if you don't want to spend that much on them, you can check some hair salons for a better deal. At the Master Cuts and the Hair Cuttery at my mall, they have them in a package together for a "2 for $22" deal. So look around before buying, you might find a good deal!

I recommend this product a lot. I really enjoy using it, and I think you will too. I'm not sure if blondes or red heads would get the same result, I don't see why not. I think if I could use dumb blonde, they could use brunette goddess. But I am NOT sure!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry but, I have to correct you. Shampoo does not need to lather, it's just an effect that consumers expect, so manufacturers add an ingredient that makes it foam. Some of the gentlest shampoos lather quite a bit. It is not the lather/foam that determines the effectiveness of a shampoo.. it's the surfactants, and having a lot of lather doesn't make it any more or less "harsh."

    -Anthony <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh okay. I apologize, I was always told that the less shampoo lathered, the more moisturizing it was. I learned something new today :) thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete