Monday, August 10, 2009

Flat Irons

Okay so this review will be on the flat irons that I have owned. There are 2 drugstore ones, and 1 professional.
Okay so the first one I had was just a plain 3/4" Conair flat iron that SUCKED. It was about $15 dollars at CVS. I had to keep my trash can next to me when I would straighten my hair because it would pull out so much hair and I was tired of vacuuming it. Terrible. It feels very cheaply made, but I guess for $15 dollars it SHOULD be cheaply made. I recommend that you do not get this, ever. Ever. It's such a waste.
This is the Vidal Sassoon nano flat iron, in blue :). I got it from target for $30 dollars. Unlike the last one, this one was actually a pretty good flat iron. It's SUPER cute, straightens hair well, is super light weight, and feels pretty sturdy. I did have a few issues with it though, but nothing major. First of all, the temperature control dial is so confusing. There isn't any numbers on it or anything, you only know if you're making it hotter or colder. It goes up to 400 degrees, just in case you were wondering. It heats up in like 30 seconds, which is really good. So this is overall a really nice flat iron. The reason I don't use it anymore though is because it doesn't last. I had it for about five months, and the plates chipped and started to show signs off damage, which made me uneasy about using it. It comes with a 2 year warranty, but it seemed like a hassle to have to ship it to them, pay for them shipping it back, and being without a flat iron for 2 weeks. So I moved on.
Yes, I use a Chi. I am aware that EVERYONE uses them, but there is a reason that everyone uses them. They are the best for your money. I've had it for 3 years now, and it's still working as well as it did when I got it. I payed about $80 dollars for mine, which isn't bad but it isn't amazing. I've seen them much cheaper but also much more expensive. This is my favorite hair tool I have ever owned, and I'll stick with it until it breaks. It doesn't have a temperature control and it's set at 370 degrees. Which some people may not need, but some people may need more also. My hair is pretty average, so it's a nice temperature for me. I think that it's very boring looking though. When this one breaks I am probably going for either the Chi nano blue one, or an Ultra Chi from Ulta. They both are so cute looking, and I know they'll work well and last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment