Saturday, August 08, 2009

Bed Head Dumb Blonde


Okay, so I know what you are thinking. I am aware that I am not blonde, have never been blonde, or have any interest in becoming blonde. But the name of these may fool you. It states on the back of the bottle : "Not just for Dumb Blondes - it's for Racy Redheads and Buxom Brunettes too." So that is why I, a Buxom Brunette, purchased this shampoo and conditioner! :)

If you have ever heard of Bed Head, you have probably also heard about the price. These large bottles run for about $20-$25 dollars a piece. However, I did not pay that much for these, I got each bottle for $9.99 at Ulta during a Bed Head sale :). Don't worry though, if you missed the sale and would like to still get these cheaper, I have noticed that many hair salons in the mall have them in a pack together for $22! So look around, and you will find something! (I do not recommend buying them online, you never know where they have been.)

So now, to review these. The smell of these products (one of the most important things to me), smells a lot like strawberries to me. It's so refreshing :). I think that they are SO cute looking. They are the same colors as the bottles, like most bed head products. The shampoo is very rich and leaves my hair feeling incredible after I wash it out. (Sometimes I can skip the reconstructor [the conditioner]).

The Dumb Blonde reconstructor is very powerful, which is probably why it isn't called a conditioner. Because it's so powerful, I only use it every other day because I don't want to weigh my hair down too much. It doesn't spread very easily in your hair so you will probably need a few pumps if you have longer hair. After rinsing it out though, you will feel a huge difference in the condition of your hair.

So all in all, I really recommend this little duo. But like I said, look around for a good deal, buying them full price is a complete rip-off. Check around the hair salons at your nearest mall, they usually have pretty good deals!

Oh! And just to warn you, I also purchased the Bed Head Brunette Goddess, Moisture Maniac, and Control Freak shampoos and conditioners from Ulta during the sale, so expect reviews from them as well! :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment